[Wien] problem with w2w

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Tue Jul 21 17:34:13 CEST 2015

You might want to try my patch (w2w_main.patch), which you can get at
https://github.com/gsabo/WIEN2k-Patches/tree/master/14.2 (click
WIEN2k-Patches and Download ZIP)?

I think this will improve the error message in w2w.error from what you
got to:

'w2w' - can't open definition file w2w.def

You mentioned that you ran the command: w2w.

Did you launch w2w with the x command: x w2w?

The x is important, because it is a link to the x_lapw script that
should create the w2w.def file.  Check for the w2w.def file, does it
exist, is it non-empty, and does it have read permissions?