[Wien] MPIRUN command

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Mon Feb 15 23:42:48 CET 2016

As an addendum, you can do something like (on Stampede)

ibrun hostname -s | grep -v TACC | grep -e [a-z] > Machines

This runs "hostname -s" on every node, then eliminates some other lines
that you don't want.

You then use a shell script to manage converting from Machines to a Wien2k
.machines format (Peter's approach) or use Machines2W (my approach) via a
template to do it for you.

If srun is working, that can also be used (it is broken on Stampede). I
seem to remember there was another method, but I cannot find it any more.

Professor Laurence Marks
else has thought", Albert Szent-Gyorgi
www.numis.northwestern.edu ; Corrosion in 4D: MURI4D.numis.northwestern.edu
Partner of the CFW 100% program for gender equity, www.cfw.org/100-percent