[Wien] different MLD for bcc structure for magnetic equivalent directions M001, M010 and M100

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Sun Nov 26 18:51:25 CET 2017

I will third the comment that not using a shifted cell might be important
(might). In some cells  shifting the k-point origin with MSR1a leads to
slightly unbalanced forces which are hard to converge to the "right"
symmetric result. If the forces are slightly off, this is an indication
that the density is also slightly off. Exactly why this occurs I do not
know, I suspect very soft modes associated with numerical errors in finite
arithmetic.

N.B., Wien2k is quite good with these numerical errors. I've noticed that
Vasp calculations that collaborators have done often have much larger
symmetry breaking.

--
Professor Laurence Marks
else has thought", Albert Szent-Gyorgi