[Wien] Hardware (i7-7700k?) for WIEN2k

Yundi Quan yquan at ucdavis.edu
Tue Sep 19 02:54:04 CEST 2017

hi,

4 cores with 8 threads is probably OK for using WIEN2k to study transition
metal oxides. For post-processing tools, such as wien2wannier, it requires
more memory. But 64 GB is enough in most cases. I once bought a Dell XPS
with 4 cores and 8 threads, 16 GB memory back in 2011. It worked well for
most of my calculations. Hope this helps.