[Wien] How to calculate work function

prasad jayasena prasad.j86 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 21:36:41 CEST 2018

 Dear Prof Gavin Abo
Thank you for your valuable instruction and for your time.
I couldn't get this corrected yet. I am giving all the steps I followed  and the recieved error below.
I am doing the calculation in "super" folder only
1. mkdir super2. cd super3. makestruct
4. cp init.struct super.struct ( MgO structure correctly viewed through XCRYSDEN - so  n doubt about up to this step)5. x supercell (1x1x5 supercell with 30 bohr vacuum in z direction created)
6 cp super_super.struct super.struct ( structure is correct, viewed through xcrysden)7. x nn8. (warning appeared) cp super.struct_nn super.struct9. x nn10. x sgroup11. cp super.struct_sgroup super.struct
After this I did the other initilize steps as it is through w2web interface
x symmetry, copy struct_st, instgen_lapw, etc
When I run SCF calculation now I am getting the following error in STDOUT
head: cannot open 'super.inm' for reading: No such file or directory
head: cannot open 'super.inm' for reading: No such file or directory
no super.clmsum(_old) file found, which is necessary for lapw0 !

>   stop error

I am not sure whether I am following the correct path or if I am missing some necessary steps.

Truly I am not sure the correct way to do this. I believe after correct supercell I should do initilize the structure and then run the required run_lapw or  runsp_lapw with -orb -dm -so options as required.

I appreciate very much if someone can correct me on this. I am really lost
Thank you in advance
Prasad