[Wien] 'ifort' and 'mkl libraries

Victor Zenou zanov at post.bgu.ac.il
Mon May 14 08:18:30 CEST 2018

I decided to upgrade to Wien2k_17.1 , as was suggested*.*

I installed the last version of Ubuntu, 18.04, (supposed to be 64 bit) on
PC with intel Xeon processor. I have 2 drives: 256 GB SSD and 500 SATA HDD.

First question: Its known that SSD is much faster than SATA or any HDD, and
usually operating systems are installed on SSD. Is it important to install
wien2k on SSD, as I definitely want my wien2k data to be on the bigger
drive (500 GB)?

Second question: In order to use 'ifort' and 'mkl libraries' I tried to
install Parallel studio xe 2018, but got some errors regarding to "Missing
optional prerequisites":
-- Unsupported OS
-- Intel(R) Trace Analyzer and Collector 2018 for Linux* OS: Unsupported OS
-- Intel(R) Cluster Checker 2018 Update 3 for Linux* OS: Unsupported OS
-- Intel(R) VTune(TM) Amplifier XE 2018 update 2: Unsupported OS
-- Intel(R) Inspector 2018: Unsupported OS
-- Intel(R) Advisor 2018: Unsupported OS
-- Driver build options are incomplete. Drivers cannot be built.

I also got:

missing system commands

No compatible python found

32-bit libraries not found (libstdc++ (including libstdc++6), glibc and
libgcc). Without these libraries the compiler will not function properly.

Are these "missing optional prerequisites" important to wien2k installation?

Thanks,Victor