[Wien] 'ifort' and 'mkl libraries

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Mon May 14 14:23:51 CEST 2018

The SSD is probably faster than the HDD for read/writing, but it may
vary with hardware.  Also, the data write time can be slower than the
read time for the SSD. [
https://www.kompulsa.com/whats-difference-ssd-hard-drive/ ].  So I would
probably run a test calculation on both and compare the walltimes.

For reading data, the SSD should be better, so I would put the OS and
WIEN2k installation on the SSD.  For writing of data, if calculation
time is your concern, then it may be better to put to put the WIEN2k
calculation data on the SSD (path set during userconfig_lapw).  If drive
lifetime is a concern, because frequent scf cycle writing will reduce
the drives lifetime [
https://blog.westerndigital.com/ssd-endurance-speeds-feeds-needs/ ],
then put it on the HDD.  After the calculation finishes running on the
SDD, you could also just copy the data to the HDD for storage.

Regarding the "No compatible python found", that might be for BerryPI.
I think it uses python 2.7. So, if you don't use BerryPI, then it should
not be important for WIEN2k installation.

BoltzTraP2 needs python 3.5 or higher [
https://www.imc.tuwien.ac.at/forschungsbereich_theoretische_chemie/forschungsgruppen/prof_dr_gkh_madsen_theoretical_materials_chemistry/boltztrap2/
].  With Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and later, I think those can both be installed
with something like [
https://askubuntu.com/questions/981118/correct-way-to-install-python-2-7-on-ubuntu-17-10/981279
]:

sudo apt-get install python

sudo apt-get install python3

For "32-bit libraries not found", I don't remember what the packages
needed are, but those likely can be installed with apt-get as well.