[Wien] Band gap calculation

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Wed Dec 25 13:50:39 CET 2019

Use the following information to check whether the Gamma point is
included in the k-mesh or not.

For how k is defined in case.klist_band, refer to the following link and
referenced links therein:

http://zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/pipermail/wien/2015-June/022994.html

For how k is defined in case.spaghetti_ene:

https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg05273.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg00803.html
http://zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/pipermail/wien/2007-August/009659.html

Or for how k is defined in case.bands.agr:

https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg15258.html

Gamma is a special point and is usually the k-vector (0,0,0) at the
center of the cell [1,2].

In Bilbao Crystallographic Server, Gamma has the label GM and KVEC [3]
can be helpful in that it should give what the special k points are for
each space group.

[1] http://www.iue.tuwien.ac.at/phd/dhar/node18.html
[2]
https://www.tf.uni-kiel.de/matwis/amat/semi_en/kap_2/backbone/r2_1_5.html