[Wien] Using option Qsplit=6 in qtl to rotate to get t2g and eg

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sun Apr 5 07:13:24 CEST 2020

Ok, I think I understand now, in FIG. 1 of [1] the eg\sigma appears to
be the high energy band while eg\pi the low energy band in the energy
diagram.

In FIG. 5 of the reference [2] that you provided, I see eg\sigma peaks
at high energy (i.e., at about 2 to 4 eV) while the eg\pi is at low
energy (i.e., about -1 to 1 eV) in the DOS plot.

Thus, I think you will need to plot both (d-xy,dx2-y2) and (d-xz,dyz),
then you can probably identify which is eg\pi and which is eg\sigma by
looking at the DOS plot.

Based on Figure 4.2 in [3], (d-xy,dx2-y2) might be eg\sigma while
(d-xz,dyz) the eg\pi.

[1] https://arxiv.org/abs/1502.04555v1
[2] https://arxiv.org/abs/cond-mat/0402133v1 ,
https://journals.aps.org/prb/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevB.70.205116