[Wien] Problem with fold2Bloch in real calculations

Véronique BROUET veronique.brouet at u-psud.fr
Thu Jan 13 11:59:16 CET 2022

Dear Oleg,

Thanks a lot, it's working perfectly now in -r mode.

However, I still have a problem with spin-orbit calculations, namely the
message "allocatable array is already allocated" when processing the
second k point of the klist. Maybe I'm not using the right input ? As
I'm not running a spin-polarized case, I only have a *.vectorso and
*.vectorsodn files (they have same size). I have the *.normsoup and
*.normsodn files.
So I have tried :

|fold2Bloch -so case.vectorso case.vectorsodn case.normsoup
case.normsodn 2:2:1|

on FeSe case for example (the SO calculation itself is ok) and got the
error message. I had same problem with other cases.
Do you see what's wrong ?

As for FeSe structure it is indeed sqrt(2)*sqrt(2) unit cell with 2
atoms (it is similar for other cases I mentioned as Sr2IrO4 and SrIrO3).
It still works fine if I unfold in the larger unit cell and keep the
part relevant for 1Fe unit cell.

Veronique

Le 12/01/2022 à 17:17, Rubel, Oleg a écrit :
> Dear Veronique,
>
> the option [-r] should work now (you need to fetch the most recent version from GitHub and recompile the code). There was indeed a problem with array allocation that caused a segfault. Thanks for reporting that!
>
> I tested you FeSe structure. Technically f2b runs, but this structure is _not_ a 2x2x1 supercell in a standard way of thinking. If the primitive cell contains 1 Fe atom, the 2x2x1 should have 4 Fe atoms, while you have 2. Maybe this is a sqrt(2) supercell?
>
> Best regards
> Oleg

Véronique Brouet
Laboratoire de physique des Solides