[Wien] WARNING elpa_setup during lapw1_mpi

Ilias, Miroslav M.Ilias at gsi.de
Tue Jul 4 19:59:41 CEST 2023

Hello,

sorry for hidden link;

the point is that  the "ompi_info -a | grep THREAD" says MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE: yes,

but  "spack info openmpi at 4.1.5" gives "thread_multiple [off] [@1.5.4:2] on, off Enable MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE support"

Maybe this is the case of the ELPA  "WARNING elpa_setup: MPI threading level MPI_THREAD_SERALIZED or MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE required but your implementation does not support this! The number of OpenMP threads within ELPA will be limited to 1"

I will investigate it deeper, as I need Wien2k parallel as fast as possible.

Intel MPI will come later, again, I need ELPA built with Intel. I guess that IntelMPI+MKL  Wien2k is faster than OpenMPI+Openblas ?

Best, Miro